If you are looking for an exciting and challenging job experience, here are six good reasons to consider Paradox Engineering:
1. We’re in a business that makes sense.
The Internet of Things is changing the way Cities manage their own assets and resources, thus improving quality of public services and citizen satisfaction, reducing energy consumption and carbon emissions, optimizing costs and processes. Together, we can really play a role in the Smart City transformation.
2. We have deep roots.
We were born as a telecommunication company, and matured unique competences in radio design, network design and management, low power consumption and data collection systems. You will build on our strong innovation capabilities and over 10 years of experience in networking and Internet of Things solutions for smart urban and industrial environments.
3. We think big and act global.
We are the innovation engine of MinebeaMitsumi Group, leading global provider of Electro Mechanics Solutions™ with an established manufacturing and business presence in all five continents. This means we work in a multinational and multicultural environment, with cross-functional teams and frequent opportunities to travel worldwide.
4. We learn, every day.
In a dynamic team like our, there’s always something new to learn. You will be in the first line on very innovative technological projects, sharing knowledge and expertise with high talented professionals. Your contribution will make things happen, taking the maximum out of any project and any task.
5. We never say “we can’t”.
We own our technologies, and 100% of their intellectual property – although we always advocate industry standards. If a technology, innovation or idea can bring value to customers, partners and to our team, there will be almost no constraint to pursue it.
6. We are heading to the future.
We work for today and for tomorrow – to win future challenges with cutting-the-edge technologies and solutions. We are part of an industrial group with more than 65 years of history, and a long-term strategy to ensure continuity and success to employees, customers and partners.
We are always interested in exceptional talents to build a brilliant team, help shape the future of our company and provide customers a compelling portfolio of Internet of Things smart solutions.
If you want to employ your talent with us, have a look at our open positions and apply for the one that best fits your profile by writing to email@example.com. All job opportunities are intended for Paradox Engineering’s offices in Novazzano (Ticino, Switzerland). We offer Swiss Labour contracts and remuneration in line with candidates’ experience.
Paradox Engineering shall collect and process applicants’ personal data for the purpose of recruitment procedures, which may also be carried out electronically. Personal data are only processed internally and only upon consent in your resumé/CV.
If Paradox Engineering signs an employment contract with an applicant, applicant’s personal data will be stored and processed for the purpose of establishing and carrying out the employment relationship in compliance with legal requirements. If no employment contract is signed, application documents and related personal data shall be automatically erased 12 months after they have been received, provided that no legitimate interests of the controller are opposed to the erasure. Other legitimate interests in this relation may be for example a burden of proof in a procedure under the General Equal Treatment Act (AGG).
Embedded Software – Firmware Engineer
– ref. “PE_EmbeddedSW_2020.2”
He / she will be part of the embedded software design team, defining the design specification, coding and testing embedded software for complex low power, RF IoT devices.
- Develop low level drivers, protocol stacks and low power applications software for both RTOS and embedded Linux based platforms
- Promote new technologies, proactively looking at innovative protocols and solutions
- University degree in Computer Science or Electronics Engineering or equivalent discipline
- Proven experience in architecture definition and software development in C/C++ for embedded applications
- Knowledge of IoT technologies and application protocols for embedded systems – such as CoAP, MQTT, LWM2M and data models
- Good knowledge of microcontrollers, specifically Cortex-M microcontrollers and peripherals
- Experience with embedded Linux platforms such as RPI and BBB
- Experience with radio networking protocols such as 802.15.4, 6LoWPAN, IPv6, TCP-IP, ZigBee, Bluetooth
- Good knowledge of low power design techniques
- Experience in debugging and validating complex embedded systems and protocol stack
- Ability to read schematics and debug at PCB level using typical lab equipment if needed
- Knowledge and experience on software engineering methodologies: lifecycle, quality assurance and testing techniques, continuous integration and continuous deployment technologies, Agile scrum methodology
- Knowledge of RF and IoT platforms
- Knowledge of embedded OS and embedded Linux platforms
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git
- Flexible, able to prioritise activities and managing time efficiently, meeting deadlines
- Problem solving approach and ability to manage pressure
- Able to work cross-functionally in dynamic and international environments
- Effective communication in English (both written & oral, including technical documentation)