If you are looking for an exciting and challenging job experience, here are six good reasons to consider Paradox Engineering:
1. We’re in a business that makes sense.
The Internet of Things is changing the way Cities manage their own assets and resources, thus improving quality of public services and citizen satisfaction, reducing energy consumption and carbon emissions, optimizing costs and processes. Together, we can really play a role in the Smart City transformation.
2. We have deep roots.
We were born as a telecommunication company, and matured unique competences in radio design, network design and management, low power consumption and data collection systems. You will build on our strong innovation capabilities and over 10 years of experience in networking and Internet of Things solutions for smart urban and industrial environments.
3. We think big and act global.
We are the innovation engine of MinebeaMitsumi Group, leading global provider of Electro Mechanics Solutions™ with over 78,000 employees and an established business presence in all five continents. This means we work in a multinational and multicultural environment, with cross-functional teams and frequent opportunities to travel worldwide.
4. We learn, every day.
In a dynamic team like our, there’s always something new to learn. You will be in the first line on very innovative technological projects, sharing knowledge and expertise with high talented professionals. Your contribution will make things happen, taking the maximum out of any project and any task.
5. We never say “we can’t”.
We own our technologies, and 100% of their intellectual property – although we always advocate industry standards. If a technology, innovation or idea can bring value to customers, partners and to our team, there will be almost no constraint to pursue it.
6. We are heading to the future.
We work for today and for tomorrow – to win future challenges with cutting-the-edge technologies and solutions. We are part of an industrial group with more than 65 years of history, and a long-term strategy to ensure continuity and success to employees, customers and partners.
We are always interested in exceptional talents to build a brilliant team, help shape the future of our company and provide customers a compelling portfolio of Internet of Things smart solutions.
If you want to employ your talent with us, have a look at our open positions and apply for the one that best fits your profile by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. All job opportunities are intended for Paradox Engineering’s offices in Novazzano (Ticino, Switzerland). We offer Swiss Labour contracts and remuneration in line with candidates’ experience.
Paradox Engineering shall collect and process applicants’ personal data for the purpose of recruitment procedures, which may also be carried out electronically. Personal data are only processed internally and only upon consent in your resumé/CV.
If Paradox Engineering signs an employment contract with an applicant, applicant’s personal data will be stored and processed for the purpose of establishing and carrying out the employment relationship in compliance with legal requirements. If no employment contract is signed, application documents and related personal data shall be automatically erased 12 months after they have been received, provided that no legitimate interests of the controller are opposed to the erasure. Other legitimate interests in this relation may be for example a burden of proof in a procedure under the General Equal Treatment Act (AGG).
Field Application Engineer
– ref. “PE_FAE_2019.2”
He / she will follow up on IoT Smart City project deployment and provide customer support, both from remote and on customers premises.
He / she will have a strong IT/Telecom/Networking design background to properly support our solutions based on intelligent IoT devices (ie. RF sensing devices, lighting controllers, routers and gateways, RF repeaters, etc.). He / she will also support technical sales and marketing activities.
- Perform site surveys, network solution design, products installation and solution commissioning
- Run demonstrations and trainings, as well as pilots and real installations
- Manage customer’s support requests, either on field or remote, through the appropriate ticketing system, up to the complete incident resolution
- Technically follow up with customers during and after solution deployments to ensure they full value from PE systems
- In case of technical issues, support root cause analysis and fault resolutions, providing recommendations and workaround
- University degree in Telecommunications Engineering or equivalent discipline
- 3-5+ years of proven and relevant experience
- Strong IT/Telecom/Networking technical background
- Good knowledge of Linux shell and scripting languages (ie. Python, bash, ..)
- Deep understanding of switches/routers configuration techniques
- Basic usage of most common programming languages (C/C++, PHP, Java, ..)
- Proficient in English
- Customer focus to establish and maintain effective relationships with customers, gaining their respect and trust
- Willing to travel across Europe, Asia and North America, spending weeks on those locations to manage local support requests or customer needs (up to a total of 50% on field support per year must be considered)
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, both verbal and written with an understanding of cultural diversity
Cybersecurity System Architect
– ref. “PE_CSSA_2019.01”
He / she will be responsible for leading efforts focused on secure product architecture, coding, design and implementation validation to assure adequate security levels on PE’s products and solutions. Starting from the current state and system architecture, he / she will contribute to advance the security policies, identify gaps and partner with development and quality assurance teams to define, implement and promote cybersecurity design principle, policies and culture, considering both specific products and solutions as a whole.
- Determine security requirements by evaluating business strategies and requirements; researching information security standards; conducting system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments; studying architecture/platform; identifying integration issues
- Help to identify customer requirements/concerns as of cybersecurity threats and needs and work with the R&D and product team to support the design of products/solutions meeting conjugating such requirements and company business strategies
- Enhance experience and competence on security of development teams by planning delivery of solutions; answering technical and procedural questions for less experienced team members; teaching improved processes; mentoring team members
- Review current system security measures and recommend and implement enhancements
- Provide best practice recommendation to improve cloud network security
- Perform periodic audit and penetration test against cyber-threats, developing metrics to evaluate the maturity level of PE products and solutions related to security
- Cooperate with marketing and product management for appropriate and effective communication of features and solution implemented in PE products and solutions, supporting and delivering evangelization
- University degree in Computer Science or Electronics Engineering or equivalent discipline
- Proven experience in system and network architecture definition
- Proven record of success designing and implementing in secure and standardized solutions as well as Identity & Access Management, Data Protection, Secure DevOps, Security Operations, and other security domains
- Security tools such as intrusion detection, log analysis, and network scanning
- Experience with threat modeling, secure design reviews, code review and other techniques and processes, regulatory compliance requirements, security frameworks such as BSIMM, NIST, ISO27001 and the secure software lifecycle (SSDLC)
- Fundamental understanding of security knowledge around native applications, web applications, distributed and database systems
- Understanding of security issues for large scale cloud and IoT infrastructures
- Deep and broad understanding of security vulnerabilities and attacks (Hardware, Firmware, Software, Network, and People), and the ability to understand new ones based on new technology being developed
- Understanding of Linux/Unix tools and architectures, DevOps tools and processes
- Understanding of the “full stack” of front-end web user interfaces and web servers through to back-end processing and storage.
- Knowledge in programming languages (C/C++, js, python, sql, others) with expertise in troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Flexibility and ability to prioritise activities and efficiently manage time, meeting deadlines
- Excellent problem solving approach, high level of commitment and ability to manage pressure
- Ability to work cross-functionally in dynamic and international environments, and work effectively and independently with all levels of the organization and clients
- Ability to conjugate the product with the process and the solution perspective
- Effective communication skills and proficiency in English language (both written & oral, including technical documentation)
- Fundamentally grasp both the technical and non-technical details such as to enumerate inappropriate or abusable security expectations